CME credits are available for readers of chapters in WWW.ENDOTEXT.ORG . The program is credentialed and administered through the Continuing Professional Education Department of the University of Mississippi Medical School. The content has been developed by Christian Koch, MD and Leslie De Groot, MD, in collaboration with the authors of ENDOTEXT.ORG and THYROIDMANAGER.ORG, Dr Carlos Arguello , University of Alabama/Birmingham <email@example.com> , is director of our Continuing Medical Education program. .
Successful completion of each module also provides credits for ABIM MOC program.
For MOC Credit: "Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 2.0 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit."
The Chapter modules listed below are now available for on-line ACCME -CME credit hours, and those in italics also receive equivalent ABIM MOC credit points. Currently there is NO CHARGE for this CME program
Autoimmunity to the Thyroid Gland
Benign Breast Disease in Women
Osteoporosis: Clinical Evaluation
Growth and Growth Disorders
Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
Ovarian Reserve Testing
Diagnosis and Treatment of Graves' Disease
Normal and Abnormal Puberty
Thyrotropin - Secreting Pituitary Adenoma
Pituitary Adenomas in Childhood
Evaluation of Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency:
The Management of Type I Diabetes
The Treatment of Type II Diabetes
TK Inhibitors in Aggressive Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
Endocrinology of Vasopressin & Oxytocin
Testing for SIADH
Sexual Dysfunction in Diabetes
To receive CME and MOCcredits, it is necessary to register on the University of Mississippi website for the course. Currently no payment is required. You will receive a PDF copy of the relevant chapter in ENDOTEXT. After reviewing the chapter, readers must satisfactorily pass an assessment, and then will receive CME and MOC credits by Email. The exact steps in the process are:
- Use your browser to enter: www.umc.edu/conted/
- On that page, at the bottom, see: Click here to enter Cvent Continuing Education Registrant Portal
- On the next page, SIGN UP, giving First and Last name and email address.
- A password is then sent to you by email.
- Return via steps 1-2-3-4 and LOG IN using the supplied PASSWORD.
- Then you will go to the CURRENT EVENTS page. You will find listed the ENDOTEXT SERIES, and the CME modules currently on line.
- Select the module of interest, and Click on the SYMBOL at right to indicate your interest
- You will be taken to the Registration pages. -
- You will receive the chapter PDF to print out and read.
- After reading the CHAPTER, your will return to the indicated website and fill out the examination. Assuming you ace the exam, you will receive the CME credit certificate by Email. Your competion of the c ourse will also be reported to ABIM for MOC cxertification.
For any questions about this process, contact Ashley Givens, Program Administrator Continuing Health Professional Education, Phone: 601-984-1306, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org